Samantha's Journal

Thursday, August 03, 2006

What's Been Happening Lately

The summer is ending, and it's time to get back into a routine. You know what that means, school and studying added onto the long list of stuff i have to do. I don't mind, because when I have nothing to do, I'm really bored and wish I have my list back! hehe. Let's see. This year for school I might be taking Accounting, Consumer Math, History, English, Science, Foundations For Living, Bible, and Home Ec. On top of that, I'm taking band classes and hopefully a homeschool drama club. Is anyone else joinin it this year? It'd be nice to know more people joining! If you want information, just ask! Also, I may be taking on a second job for the weekend, waitressing, with one of my friends. The reason I'm taking the second job is due to the fact that when I turn 16, my insurance will probably go up a lot, so I need to save money! lol

I'm making a few goals this year for school. One, help out more around the house, which I do, but I could do more. Two, no more procrastinating, which is my BIGGEST bad habit! Three, make nice with those I've argued with; recently I got into a big fight with a friend, and things have been weird, but now I don't want anymore argueing, with anyone! Four, grow closer to God, which is actually number one, but these aren't in order of importance.

Today was the first day of band. I moved up to Advanced, and was kind of nervous to be playing with them. I think that was mainly because I'm the only 'new' one there for my instrument. I felt a little intimidated at first, not knowing a couple scales, and one song, but quickly got over that!

Well, I think I've bored you enough, time for bed now!



Oh, i almost forgot; does anyone have a good recipe for a homemade cake? I was thinking of a chocolate mocha cake, but I can't find a recipe that fits my picky style. lol

6 Comments:

Blogger Elijah Lofgren said...

Good to hear that thing seem to be going well.

Anna makes some good homemade cakes. You may want to ask her for a recipe.

As for the mocha cake, I'd say avoid it. I think mocha (and coffee) are some of the worst flavors known to man (or at least me). ;)

6:09 PM  
Blogger Anna Naomi said...

Sounds like you're going to be busy! Two jobs... wow! What drama club are you talking about? I don't think I'd have time to do it, but I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Good job on moving up to Advanced! You did great on your first day "up there". =) The hardest thing for us flutes is just staying in tune with each other!

As for cake recipies, I don't have any mocha ones... I've got to agree with Elijah on the whole coffee thing. yuk! There is a chocolate oatmeal one that I posted the recipie to on my blog. It's filed under the topic "cooking". I think the Harts may have a chocolate mocha cake recipie however, you could email Miriam and see.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Samantha C. Brooks said...

Ya, I'm not a coffee fan either, but my family is. lol I looked at the recipe; sadly, my family's not an oatmeal family, but i love the stuff! lol. Would you mind if I saved the recipe?

2:48 PM  
Blogger Samantha C. Brooks said...

Sorry, Anna, I just realized I forgot to give information about the drama club. My mother got an FHE newsletter saying somebody was interested in starting a homeschool drama club. I emailed that person recently, and she said there will be more information and possibly sign-ups at the FHE meeting August 14. I'll be happy to email you any info I get that night, but for now that's all I have.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Anna Naomi said...

Feel free to use the recipie!

And about the drama club, I'll be at the FHE meeting, actually without my parents because they'll be out of town, so I'll probably hear about it there

12:03 PM  
Blogger Miriam Rebekah said...

You did great in Advanced band, Samantha! You Lofgrens just don't know what's good. Coffee is one of the most delicious flavors!
Don't take Elijah's advice.
Drama sounds like fun. I've always wanted to do it, but our schedule is sooo busy. I'll be at the FHE meeting too. Hope to see you there.
Miriam

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home