Samantha's Journal

Monday, July 24, 2006

Get Prepared for Boredom, beware lol

Recently, I saw a movie called, 'She's too Young.' It was about a 14-yr-old girl who went on her first date, and the boy got her to do things inappropiate outside of marriage. She got a disease from it. I wouldn't recommend this movie, especially w/o an adult present, but it really got me thinking of how much my life has changed over the last few years. Some of you may be laughing, or thinking 'what's she talking about?' but it's true, my life has dramatically changed between public and home school. I look back on my friends, my four soul-sisters, April, Jessica, Brandilyn, and Amanda, and wow I can't believe I was so dumb! Here's an example:
A normal day of my life 4 years ago.....
Wake up and get ready for school, picking out the tightest jeans I was allowed to wear, a shirt I couldn't breathe in, and cute shoes to match. Then putting on lots and lots of makeup (which I re-applied once I got to school of course) School was a party to me. While I was considered a 'geek', my friends didn't think so at all. We would cut-up in class, send cute notes to boys, etc. At lunch, we always got one of the older kids to sneak us a soda, because we weren't allowed to buy them. Gym class, we'd hide behind the basketball goals, so we wouldn't have to do anything. My friends would quit talking to me if I wore the wrong thing, said the wrong thing, or did the wrong thing. Looking back, there was no individuality between the five of us.
I like myself better now; I enjoy new activities, get to wear what I please (long dresses), and definitely cut down on makeup. I look at my old friends: April, I still talk to her, but she's really changed, she doesn't care what people think of her and that's good. Jessica, she went down a bad road, sneaking out, drinking, etc. I've tried to help, and now we don't talk. She's in my prayers though. Brandi, I think is getting married. I could be wrong, but her boyfriend (16, smokes, drinks, unfaithful) has proposed. Amanda, I don't know what happened to her. I wonder what would have happened to me if I would have stayed at public school.

My friends now are completely different from me, yet we have a lot in common. If I never went to homeschool, I would have never found God, modesty, and what I love best, and was always scared to do, ACTING! When I first left my old school, I wondered why I HAD to, why I HAD to leave Millbrook, leave my 'friends' and my life. But now I realize there was a reason, and it was God's way of reaching out to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna Naomi said...

How wonderful, Sami! It's exciting how God can change us... I'm so glad you started homeschooling! It's been fun to get to know you.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home