Samantha's Journal

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Drama Class

Lately I've been taking drama classes at the Shakespeare Festival. Sadly, they're coming to an end. It's been a dream of mine to become an actress since I was about 12. I always wanted to be a girl from the old days living on a plantation in a movie. Of course, I doubt that will happen, but working on Shakespeare is fun too! I've learned how to stage fight, throw my voice, enunciate better, and lots more. These classes have really helped my convidence too, and everyone are friends with everyone else, so it's nice. For the final presentation, I'm doing a monologue from Taming of the Shrew with someone else, and one by myself from Romeo and Juliet. I hope to save up enough money for classes in the fall (150-200 dollars) because it's so much fun! The other kids in the class are very good actors and actresses, and there's no competition like most acting classes, so it's good. Does anyone know of a drama camp? I'm hoping to go to one next summer, and maybe one day go professional with this!

4 Comments:

Blogger Anna Naomi said...

It's so cool that you're having a fun time with acting! I went to Pensacola Christian College's drama camp two summers ago, and it was fun! It's a fairly cheap camp (compared to most) and lasts almost two weeks. It was fun, just didn't have as much acting as I would have liked. It had a lot more classes on poetry, speech and diction, and so on. It was very interesting though!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Samantha C. Brooks said...

I have a friend going to a camp at that college right now! How much did it cost? I might look into that next year. I didn't know you were into acting also.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Anna Naomi said...

I'm into a lot of things! =) Yes, but I love acting! I actually directed a musical the year after camp, after deciding at the camp that I never wanted to be a director... I ended up being one. It was actually fun! I just wasn't sure I had what it took to tell people what to do, and I didn't think they'd actually listen to me, but they did! I also played one of the lead roles (Esther) in the musical, which was hectic, going from directing to acting!

I'm not sure how much it costs... Maybe I can find the paper sometime.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Samantha C. Brooks said...

Wow, being a director and actress at once! that sounds a little tough!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home