Samantha's Journal

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My Purity Ring

For a while now, I've been thinking a lot of the future. Part of the future includes being married. I know that's a long while away, but what girl can't help but try to imagine what it will be like doing the things their mother does on a daily basis. While it's true I'm too young to think about marriage, there's one thing I can do now to make marriage more meaningful. That's staying pure. A year or so ago, my sister gave me a ring that looks sort of like an engagement ring, and it's really pretty. I've never worn it because I didn't like the thought of wearing what looks like an engagement ring, because I'm 15, can you imagine the looks I'd get? I was talking to an old friend yesterday and she told me she had a purity ring, which she wears on her left ring finger, that stands for her purity. Basically you wear it until you're older and get married, and you're to take it off on your wedding day. I liked that idea, so the ring my sister gave me is now my purity rings. True, I could get a real one, but this one has more meaning to me. If you'd like your own, I suggest checking out PurityRings.com

5 Comments:

Blogger Anna Naomi said...

That's wonderful Sami! Miriam Hart has a purity ring as well!

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Becca O said...

YAY!!! You followed my advice! Thankfully mine doesn't look like an engagement ring though! lol

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have a purity ring! I love it so much! it reminds me to wait! Some day my prince will come!

Blessings,

Ashley

1:03 PM  
Blogger Samantha C. Brooks said...

Hi, Ashley, thanks for visiting my blog. I agree, and I'm waiting for my prince to come!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Samantha C. Brooks said...

Hi, Ashley, thanks for visiting my blog. I agree, and I'm waiting for my prince to come!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home