Samantha's Journal

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Farewell Mr. Blankenship!

As most have heard already, the band director for Millbrook schools is leaving. He's going to Huntington College to start a marching band from scratch, his life-long dream! After 17 great years of inspiring students from 6th grade and up, he's not just become a teacher, but a mentor. I remember when I was in 6th grade, about to start 7th, and he came around telling everyone about the band program for the following year. I was so excited to FINALLY be able to wear a jacket that says, Samantha Brooks: Flute. He worked us hard, what with band camp in the summer, and practice everyday. Though I was only in the school for a short while, he inspired me with my music, showing me music isn't just noise, it's art expressed through sound. He always picked great section leaders and drum majors, and wouldn't settle for anything less than your best. We'll all miss you Mr. Blankenship, and hope you do well at Huntington!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lauren said...

I'm gonna miss him too! he's the best band director. ya, he is strict, like when he made us do push-ups for missing one beat. the whole band's leaving. josh, chase, jeremy, mary beth, coley, and a lot more! come back to stanhope, we miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home