Samantha's Journal

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Absolute Faith

Hey everyone. Yesterday I got to go to church with two of my oldest friends: Daniel and Nick. It was so much fun! The youth pastor Glenn was really nice. Everytime someone saw I was new and didn't know anyone, they would come up and hug me or shake my hand. We learned about Absolute Faith, and Glenn had very good points to share. For example, a light switch. Do you ever stop to think, 'Will the switch cut the light on this time?' before you hit the switch? No you don't, because you automatically know it's going to cut on. Another example was a car. Do you ever stop to think, 'I wonder if the car will turn on?' before putting the key in the ignition. No you don't, because you automatically know it's going to work. That's absolute faith. If you can have absolute faith in a light switch or an ignition, why not God? After church we went to Walmart. Why we did that, I have no clue. We just walked around, and then it was time for me to go home. Daniel even walked me to my door and spoke to my mother. He said he wanted to make sure I got inside safely. I thought that was so gentlemenly! I know I'm weird but I can't help it.



Today is the last day of band. Tonight we have our last concert. It should be fun. I have no clue if I'm coming back next year or not though, because I'm doubling up on school work. That means I'm doing 10th and 11th grade in one year. It might be tough, but I want to graduate early! lol

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna Naomi said...

Great post Sami! It is a really good analogy, thanks for sharing it!

It was a lot of fun last night, wasn't it?!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home